[Battle Report] Daughters of Battle | Ninth Edition | Incursion | Tempest of War | Night Lords vs. Blood Angels & Adepta Sororitas

Harper is ten, has some Sisters of Battle, and has been learning 40K (streamlined) along with her dad. She is apparently very good at Slaying the Warlord.

I have therefore taken all the Marks out of my army, spent those points on a Sorcerer, dumped all my CP into him (One With The Shadows, Stormbolt Plate, Flayer) and called Harper out. Whatever else happens, her mission is to send this nerd home in an ambulance.

Her answer was "punish the heretic."

I'm about to get dumpstered by a pre-teen, aren't I?

We ended up playing two games: a Combat Patrol in which the Evil Wizard was not slain, although Harper did score the only legitimate wound on him (Miracle Dice and krak grenades are a powerful combination), and a more extended and developed Tempest of War mission the week after, once I'd acquired the deck.

This would be the first outing for several of my newly painted units: Obliterators, Terminators, and Bikes, attached to the core of older miniatures in my collection: a large Legionary squad, a small Legionary squad, and a Daemon Prince. No Cultists, no Chosen, and crucially, no Raptors.

You will, I'm sure, take one look at this deployment image and know exactly how that's going to turn out.

Tempest of War is a mode that demands flexibility and mobility:
you need to be out there and touching those points. I have castled up, refused a flank, and essentially thrown board control to Team Imperium.

Zipping the Bikes into midfield ensures they get blown away with no contribution.
I'm good at games.

In the shootout between Obliterators and Eradicators, the Obliterators are
Eradicated, but the Eradicators do not experience Obliteration.

At least the big stupid Chaos Stargate is safe,
but there's Blood Angels all over everything else.

A solid 55-44 to Team Imperium!

I really rate Tempest of War as a game mode, although I wasn't quite equipped for it this time. The inane "run to point six! now point five! now kill a flyer! what do you mean they don't have flyers?" inanity of previous editions' Tactical Objectives and Maelstroms of War has receded into a broadly achievable cluster of relatively sane objectives, and while it's possible to be shafted by drawing one you can't achieve or achieving one before you draw it, there's generally an amount of leeway in how they're worded. 

I could have won this game if I'd deployed wider and not thrown my one fast moving unit away or, to be honest, if I'd not been so frightened of Delayed Reserves that I didn't put anything into Deep Strike. Lesson learned. I will not be so easily fooled (by myself) again...

Comments

Popular Posts