Crap, I think I'm having an Enthusiasm

This can't be good for me.

After our game the other day, we went through our usual post game routine of calculate Crusade XP, assign upgrades as required, talk around the evolving storyline and plan our next game.

But this time we did something we had never done before - we wrote the battle report together.  I gave input, I offered opinions and before we knew it we had the back-and-forth banter of the finished product that I am reliably informed is of the style one finds over on Woffboot.  (To anyone from Woffboot - I'd never heard of your blog before Von mentioned it, and can only apologise for this monumental failure on my part).  So the blog post was finished and time came for me to return home.  Von and I said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.  Well, I went my way.  I'm fairly certain Von had a nap.

I got home.  I unpacked.  I had a nap too.  On waking, I realized a strange  - nay, unprecedented thing was happening to me.  I was still thinking about Warhammer. Before I knew it, I was putting the finishing touches on some Infiltrators who just needed basing.  Whilst I was waiting for texture paint to dry, I found myself digging through my model case, searching for things that needed painting. 

Things get a little hazy at that point.  I'm not sure exactly what happened.  But the next thing I remember I'm sat at my painting table with a freshly converted Reiver Lieutenant in my hands and three squads of Marines just waiting to be undercoated.  

And then in an act of pure insanity I actually undercoated them.

Yes, I undercoat in gold.  There is method to my madness.

I have momentumI have enthusiasm.  Things are Getting Done.  For the first time in my life, the prospect of owning a fully painted army actually seems attainable.  

And in the middle of all this, Von sent me an invite to write articles for the blog.  Far be it from me to say no to that - especially when I can use it to set the record straight on a few important matters.

First and foremost:
I blame you for this, Von.

Comments

  1. Fear leads to paint. Paint leads to hobby. Hobby leads to the dark side. Join us, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accept the verdict, but not the sentence.
    You needed a hobby and I needed a nemesis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment